Filed under: awkward teen years/unfortunate adolescence, just saying..., Music | Tags: mixtape, songses
I think I saw someone do this on Feministing. And I dug it. You hop on your iTunes and pick 18 completely random songs. Once, a boy left his iPod at my house. I looked through it. I felt like I had read his diary, scrolling through his playlists and songs and artists and Most Recently Played. Music- How Personal. I digress…this isn’t meant to be personal, this is meant to be fun!
- “Becky” ~ Be Your Own Pet
- “Tie My Hands” ~ Lil Wayne ft. Robin Thicke
- “Do You Dream At All” ~ Tilly and the Wall
- “Barely Legal” ~ The Strokes
- “Next Lifetime” ~ Erykah Badu
- “Black Mags” ~ The Cool Kids
- “Beautiful Nightmare” ~ Beyonce (Oh Man. Guilty Pleasure.)
- “Black and Gold” ~ Sam Sparro
- “When Doves Cry” ~ Prince (I love Prince…it was bound to pop up!)
- “I Wasn’t Made for Fighting” ~ Woodhands
- “Radio Christiane” ~ The Virgins
- “Until We Bleed” ~ Kleerup ft. Lykke Li
- “All Is Love” ~ Karen O and The Kids
- “Ava Adore” ~ Smashing Pumpkins (Member that?)
- “Complexity” ~ The Roots ft. Jill Scott
- “Come On Eileen” ~ The Cure
- “Parisien du Nord” ~ Alliance Ethnik
- “Labios Compartidos” ~ Mana
Ok. Done. Methinks you would never want to actually make a CD out of that. It would be quite disjointed.
Filed under: Ballers & Shot Callers, cool beans, deep thoughts, just saying..., Music, The Finer Things in Life, videos | Tags: Awesome, Feelings, Fun, musics, Regina Spektor, stuff .m. likes, videos, weekend
this entire CD is just as amazing as her last one. and even though i’ve had it for a little while, this song keeps getting stuck in my head. not in a 70s-disco-song way, but in the way that it pops up in my mind by surprise and i’m glad every time.
Filed under: awkward teen years/unfortunate adolescence, childhood, deep thoughts, everybody does it., general jabbering, just saying..., Nature, Sex, The Finer Things in Life | Tags: penis, pervs, porn, research
the Interdisciplinary Research Center on Family Violence and Violence Against Women was looking to do a study on the effects of pornography on sexuality. for the control group, naturally the researchers needed a group of men in their 20s who had never watched or seen porn before. and, as you’ve doubtless figured out, they found that there are none. at least, not in North America. you can find a little more about the story here.
Filed under: Ballers & Shot Callers, cool beans, Creepy, deep thoughts, Fail, fury, i'm not mad. i'm just disappointed., Interwebz, just saying..., politics!, Science, shame shame shame, The Finer Things in Life, Tragedy | Tags: Al Franken, Civil Rights, health care, health care debate, the horror!
between 2000 and 2007, insurance company profits rose 428%. you read that right, 428%.