Filed under: Ballers & Shot Callers, cool beans, deep thoughts, Interwebz, just saying..., politics!, relationships, religion. ugh., Science, Sex, Sexism, The Finer Things in Life | Tags: abortion is ok, Awesome, babies, Civil Rights, Equal Rights, Feelings, feminism, Parenting, reproductive rights, roe v. wade, Sexo, stuff .m. likes
“In honor of Dr. George Tiller, who often wore a button that simply read, “Trust Women,” this year’s Blog for Choice Day question is: What does Trust Women mean to you?”
because googling “roe v wade anniversary 2010”, “pro choice” and even “pro roe v wade” will get you nothing but “March for Life” sites and pro-life articles, i have decided to post a few links to some good articles here.
- Dr. Tiller talks about why he is an abortion provider
- some brilliant undergrads from MIT talk about why they are pro-choice
- The Feminist Women’s Health Center comes up with an answer to “What does pro-choice mean to you?”
- Sarah Palin is a notorious one of the pro-lifers who have co-opted feminist ideas and twisted them around to support the pro-life argument. this is infuriating because it’s not only intellectually dishonest, but it hurts women. before i fly off the handle and go on an epic rant, i’ll just give you the link to an article that picks Palin’s argument apart.
- pushing back against abstinence-only education–the Pro-Choice Public Education Project. PEP does a great job not only of educating young women about their sexual health and reproductive options (rights!), but also addresses the racial and socioeconomic aspects of the fight that are absolutely inextricable from the debate.
- here’s some FACTUAL information on abortion from Princeton Pro-Choice Vox–they also have a great page on contraceptive information.
- my personal post about reproductive rights. unfortunately, i think it’s my best work yet.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America. woot!
- National Abortion Federation. love ’em.
- and, of course, Planned Parenthood! (FYI, a google bomb is in order, because in teh Googul, this link doesn’t turn up until page FOUR!)
- and for all the Christians out there–you CAN be pro-choice! it DOES fit with your theology! i totally mean it!
- if only all abortions could be this easy! and the women who got them were more concerned about Oasis getting their fan letter!
- here’s a somewhat less Roe-related post, but it has to do with giving birth and choosing it. so i’ll include it.
and be on the lookout for pro-life sites and orgs masquerading as pro-choice. if they were so confident in their morals and their argument, why would they have to be so coercive! and furthermore, from what i remember from my Catholic education, to “God” all sins are equal, none is worse than another, so isn’t bearing false witness the same as an abortion? just sayin’.
Happy Roe v. Wade Anniversary!
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment