Filed under: Adventure!, biggest fears, Celeb-U-Messes, Creepy, everybody does it., Fail, Gee Thanks, general jabbering, Interwebz, just saying..., Movies, shame shame shame, The Finer Things in Life, Tragedy | Tags: audition tape, Chris Klein, disaster, good thing he didn't get the part, mamma mia, train wreck, watching a career go up in flames
…until i saw THIS. apparently it went viral on the interwebz until NBC Universal tried to get them all taken down.
i mostly felt bad for the guy because that video was SO BAD. i figured he’d crawl back into that hole he’s been in for the past 10 years and never be heard from again. but, to his credit, he did exactly the opposite of what would be expected of someone whose “talent” was exposed as so incredibly sub-par. and i gotta say, well done. now i will re-commence forgetting about this person.
Filed under: Ballers & Shot Callers, Being Sneaky, cool beans, deep thoughts, everybody does it., Fail, general jabbering, Interwebz, just saying..., The Finer Things in Life | Tags: a lot, alot, grammar, grammar police, peevish
…so this made my day.
Filed under: Celeb-U-Messes, cool beans, Creepy, deep thoughts, everybody does it., Fail, fury, Interwebz, just saying..., Nature, Science, shame shame shame, Tragedy, videos | Tags: annoying celebrities, dolphins, Earth Day, earth-friendly fail, japan, petition, The Cove, Wall-e
it is again Earth Day–the 40th one, incidentally. so just don’t be a dick. personally, i’m anal about recycling, keeping lights off when i’m not using them and biking when i can instead of driving.
also, i want to mention the movie The Cove. it won the “Best Documentary” Oscar this year and is disgustingly hard to watch. it tells the story of Taiji, Japan, a fishing town where every year thousands of dolphins are brutally killed for meat (and a select few are captured for captivity.) all the water in the cove is literally bright red with dolphin blood. the movie shows the dolphins being driven into the cove, then dying slow deaths after being beaten and stabbed by the fishermen. it’s unbelievably cruel, but this is compounded with the fact that dolphins have consciousness–they communicate and they are like people in that they are intelligent and self-aware. they are the only wild animal to ever save a person’s life.
so i would ask whoever is unfortunate enough to find this blog to please go to SaveJapanDolphins.org and sign the petition to support ending this yearly slaughter of the dolphins in Taiji. they’re shooting for a million signatures, and they say they’re close to getting there. there’s also a video on the site that’s a PSA with a bunch of celebrities extolling you to support the cause. i would have put it here, but it’s way overdramatic. however, there’s just enough of a clip in it to give you an idea of the process of the dolphin slaughter and make you sick to your stomach (a few seconds.) i would suggest clicking on it, but be warned: the video includes Hayden Panettiere. remember, it’s for the dolphins!
but i really don’t like Debbie-Downer Earth Day postings, so i’ll end with this:
Filed under: Adventure!, Ballers & Shot Callers, Celeb-U-Messes, everybody does it., shame shame shame | Tags: abidals!, Crazy, Douchebags, Fun, Lobster, things -z- likes, Toitle
My friend, Brochardt, and I got these little animals in a 25 cent machine some months back. Mine’s a Turtle, hers is a Lobster. Needless to say, Toitle the Turtle gets into lots of trouble. He’s the Lindsay Lohan trainwreck of tiny plastic animals. I can’t keep him out of trouble. Mistaking sugar for coke lines, trying to steal cigs from people, little green crotch shots for the paparazzi, trying to swim in my coffee in the morning at work…. Lobster is much more conservative than Toitle, I can tell you that much.
Filed under: cool beans, everybody does it., Gee Thanks, just saying..., politics!, The Finer Things in Life | Tags: Equal Rights, HCR, health care bill, health care reform, politics!, stuff .m. likes, Want! Want! Want!
If the Senate bill passes, here’s what happens immediately
A quick list, because there seems to be a great deal of confusion:
- Adult children may remain as dependents on their parents’ policy until age 26
- Children under age 19 may not be excluded for pre-existing conditions
- No more lifetime or annual caps on coverage
- Free preventative care for all
- Adults with pre-existing conditions may buy into a national high-risk pool until the exchanges come online. While these will not be cheap, they’re still better than total exclusion and get some benefit from a wider pool of insureds.
- Small businesses will be entitled to a tax credit for 2009 and 2010, which could be as much as 50% of what they pay for employees’ health insurance.
- The “donut hole” closes for Medicare patients, making prescription medications more affordable for seniors.
- Requirement that all insurers must post their balance sheets on the Internet and fully disclose administrative costs, executive compensation packages, and benefit payments.
- Authorizes early funding of community health centers in all 50 states (Bernie Sanders’ amendment)
remind me what’s so terrible about this–how does this bring about Armageddon again?
Filed under: Ballers & Shot Callers, biggest fears, cool beans, deep thoughts, everybody does it., Fail, fury, general jabbering, Hating, i'm not mad. i'm just disappointed., just saying..., Literature, politics!, Tragedy | Tags: abortion is legal!, alito, asshats, assholes, David Brooks, Dr. George Tiller, Haiti quake, Howard Zinn, hypocrites, iPad, j.d. salinger, Matt Taibbi, Oregon taxes, people who suck, pro-choice, RuPaul's Drag Race, scott roeder trial, suck-asses
- Matt Taibbi vs. David Brooks: Round 2. (Taibbi: 2, Brooks: 0)
- at least some voters here in the U.S. haven’t lost their marbles. progressive tax legislation can find popular support when people aren’t greedy!
- The judge in the scott roeder trial has ruled out voluntary manslaughter as a conviction option. guess why: because abortion is legal, sucka! jurors must choose between guilty and non-guilty verdicts for first-degree murder. despite the SCOTUS decision from last week, i have to have faith in the American judicial system and i believe that roeder will be found guilty. otherwise, anti-choicers can freely kill abortion providers without consequence. and then the slippery slope leads to the referrers of abortion services, advocates of abortion rights and… women. a hyperbole, of course. but is it that crazy?
- people are still being pulled alive from the rubble in Port au Prince. holy fuck.
- there’s a second season of RuPaul’s Drag Race!
- Alito revealed in this week’s SOTU his political leanings (like we didn’t know.) the hypocrisy from the right is incredulous, overdramatic, hypocritical and unsurprising.
- more right wing hypocrisy, this time re: Hawaii.
- paul shirley, former NBA player for the Bulls, is an asshole, elitist, bigot and all-round piece of shit. his post begins: “I don’t know if what I’m about to write makes me a monster.” so he’s already questioning his ideas. short answer: fuck yes, go fuck yourself. with a condom, obviously. this is so wrong i don’t even know where to begin.
- iPad: haha, women have periods. eeeeww! so gross! get over it. it’s a fucking computer. (nuanced point: i think it’s funny to joke about how Apple might market tampons and pads, but this reaction smacks of second-grade humor. “they said ‘pad’! teehee!)
- Howard Zinn & J.D. Salinger bite the dust. bummer.
Filed under: Ballers & Shot Callers, Celeb-U-Messes, cool beans, deep thoughts, everybody does it., Fail, general jabbering, just saying..., Sexism, sports, Sunday Blog-a-thon, Television, videos | Tags: Beer, Douchebags, favre, Feelings, feminism, football, Idiots, NFL, old-fashioned chauvanism, people are stupid, stuff .m. likes, videos
pro football season is one of my very favorite seasons. but, one thing i will not miss when it’s over are all the beer commercials where the women are either scantily clad and bouncing all over, or where they run a distant second to some shitty-ass watered-down mass-produced domestic piss that some rich pricks bottle/can and sell as beer. or “lite” beer.
but seeing Favre go all gunslinger again tonight and throw the INT in the clutch was enough to make me forget all those chauvanistic beer commercials. minnesota, you just got Favred. i hope he strings you along until August. on to the Super Bowl! i don’t even care who wins.