Filed under: biggest fears, Creepy, deep thoughts, Fail, fury, general jabbering, Hating, Interwebz, just saying..., politics!, Racism, shame shame shame | Tags: Arizona is a land of bigoted assholes, assholes, melting pot fail, racial profiling, racism, this would be funny if it wasn't true, xenophobia
Filed under: biggest fears, Creepy, Fail, fury, Hating, Interwebz, just saying..., politics!, shame shame shame | Tags: Arizona is a land of bigoted assholes, asshats, assholes, bigots, Disgusting Things, Douchebags, Foreign Policy, fury, immigration, politics!, racial profiling, racism
if this new law doesn’t smack of the first steps the Nazis took towards the Holocaust, i don’t know what does. i mean, what’s next–are we going to herd all the Spanish-speaking people in the U.S. into the ghettoes? it’s un-fucking-believable. so the cops can stop anyone they suspect of not being in the U.S. legally–are we really expected to believe that they’ll stop WHITE PEOPLE in their efforts to enforce this law? are they going to stop pasty-faced blonde women with impeccable makeup wearing khakis and loafers driving shiny SUVs, or will 99.999999% percent of the people targeted going to be dark-skinned, dark-eyed people riding in rusty old pickups or mini-vans?
funnily enough, an Arizona man working as a truck driver was asked for his “papers” at a weigh station on Wednesday, before the bill was signed into law. he showed people his commercial driver’s license AND his social security number, but he was still handcuffed and taken to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement office in Phoenix. he had to call his wife at her job to get his birth certificate and other documents to bring in so he could be released. obviously, he and his wife are angry about what happened to him and he’s alleging racial profiling. i don’t have to carry around my birth certificate or social security card–why should anyone?
and, on top of all of this ridiculousness, to hear people saying that undocumented immigrants can be identified by their SHOES and their HAIR??? apparently, if i look, in someone’s subjective opinion, dirty or if my shoes are old and don’t fit perfectly, i might be brought in to prove my citizenship. what a bunch of entitled motherfuckers behind this law. fucking christ.
Filed under: Being Sneaky, Celeb-U-Messes, cool beans, Fail, Hating, Interwebz, just saying... | Tags: asshats, assholes, celebrity photo fail, Douchebags, Fun, Idiots, jay leno, sneaky sneaky, stuff .m. likes, team coco!
Filed under: biggest fears, Celeb-U-Messes, Creepy, Fail, fury, Hating, Interwebz, just saying..., politics!, religion. ugh., shame shame shame | Tags: asshats, assholes, Bible Thumping, Conservatives, Crazy, Douchebags, Equal Rights, health care, health care debate, hypocrites, Idiots, people are stupid, politics!, repugs
i was just doing my usual perusing of blogs, and i came across this story which set off my hypocrisy trigger. this was too much in one day, i was overcome with frustration at all these people trumpeting their beliefs and advocating the/attempting to impose them on other people, then turning around and acting completely contrary to their aforementioned beliefs. so here are the big stories i read today that immediately came to mind when my hypocrisy trigger tripped: Continue reading →
Filed under: Celeb-U-Messes, Creepy, deep thoughts, Fail, Hating, just saying..., politics!, religion. ugh., Sexism | Tags: asshats, assholes, Douchebags, down's syndrome, hypocrites, Idiots, palin, Parenting, people who suck, politics!, suck-asses, tri-g
as if we needed another example of Sarah Palin’s hypocrisy.
note: regarding the categories, while religion and sexism isn’t explicitly mentioned in this post, how can i not tag something about Sarah Palin “sexism” and “religion ugh”?
Filed under: Ballers & Shot Callers, biggest fears, cool beans, deep thoughts, everybody does it., Fail, fury, general jabbering, Hating, i'm not mad. i'm just disappointed., just saying..., Literature, politics!, Tragedy | Tags: abortion is legal!, alito, asshats, assholes, David Brooks, Dr. George Tiller, Haiti quake, Howard Zinn, hypocrites, iPad, j.d. salinger, Matt Taibbi, Oregon taxes, people who suck, pro-choice, RuPaul's Drag Race, scott roeder trial, suck-asses
- Matt Taibbi vs. David Brooks: Round 2. (Taibbi: 2, Brooks: 0)
- at least some voters here in the U.S. haven’t lost their marbles. progressive tax legislation can find popular support when people aren’t greedy!
- The judge in the scott roeder trial has ruled out voluntary manslaughter as a conviction option. guess why: because abortion is legal, sucka! jurors must choose between guilty and non-guilty verdicts for first-degree murder. despite the SCOTUS decision from last week, i have to have faith in the American judicial system and i believe that roeder will be found guilty. otherwise, anti-choicers can freely kill abortion providers without consequence. and then the slippery slope leads to the referrers of abortion services, advocates of abortion rights and… women. a hyperbole, of course. but is it that crazy?
- people are still being pulled alive from the rubble in Port au Prince. holy fuck.
- there’s a second season of RuPaul’s Drag Race!
- Alito revealed in this week’s SOTU his political leanings (like we didn’t know.) the hypocrisy from the right is incredulous, overdramatic, hypocritical and unsurprising.
- more right wing hypocrisy, this time re: Hawaii.
- paul shirley, former NBA player for the Bulls, is an asshole, elitist, bigot and all-round piece of shit. his post begins: “I don’t know if what I’m about to write makes me a monster.” so he’s already questioning his ideas. short answer: fuck yes, go fuck yourself. with a condom, obviously. this is so wrong i don’t even know where to begin.
- iPad: haha, women have periods. eeeeww! so gross! get over it. it’s a fucking computer. (nuanced point: i think it’s funny to joke about how Apple might market tampons and pads, but this reaction smacks of second-grade humor. “they said ‘pad’! teehee!)
- Howard Zinn & J.D. Salinger bite the dust. bummer.
Filed under: Creepy, deep thoughts, Fail, fury, Hating, i'm not mad. i'm just disappointed., just saying... | Tags: assholes, bullshit, Crazy, Feelings, fury, Idiots, Rat King, SO PISSED
so, last night (Saturday) i was enjoying my lazy day napping and watching Amelie. everything was going great–i was pretty tired, so after i woke up from my nap, ate, and bummed around, i was pooped and ready for bed. i brushed my teeth, washed my face and turned off all my lights. when i went to check that my door was locked, i saw an envelope stuck in my door. i opened it, and the letter inside pissed me off so much i couldn’t sleep. it said: Continue reading →